Then I Randomly Got a Hamster

9:46 AM

I've always wanted a pet hedgehog...well, at least since I was 10 and had to did a report on it for school. But...I didn't realize they cost $200. That's kind of a problem. So, I suppose my thinking was a hamster is the closest thing to a hedgehog that I could have...interesting, right?

I'm sure I read at least 20 books on hamster care that were all pretty much the same. Besides requiring that I get a huge $100 cage and 25 accessories, they all definitely made it seem like any noise next to the cage would stress out my hamster and it would die.

But anyways. I went to the pet store still deciding I wanted one, despite those intimidating books.

Long story short (seriously, I think I took at least 30 minutes to decide which one I wanted), I picked out a male panda bear hamster and named him Gus-Gus as soon as I got in the car.


 
He's a charmer. He'll walk up to anyone who approaches his cage and just stare with his super cute eyes. <3
 
Unfortunately, while I'm pretty sure he's used to his new home now, he still doesn't love to be picked up and won't let me actually hold him yet. Oh well, maybe that will come later.....
 
P.S. He tried out his hamster ball for the first time last night. He either loved it, or was freaked out by it and was trying to run away....but he got his exercise, I guess.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Awww. He's so chubby. lol XD I WANNA MEET HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Abu would have loved chasing Gus-Gus in his hamster ball. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!! :)
--Sarah & Emma--